Advances in Peripheral Nerve Repair and Regeneration
***FIRST, YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO YOUR OSTEOSCIENCE.ORG ACCOUNT.
NEXT, CLICK ON THE “UNLOCK WEBINAR CONTENT” BUTTON ABOVE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE CONTENT BELOW.
THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.***
Please see the instructions below to watch the webinar, take the quiz for CE/CME credit, and download a certificate. If you have:
1. Already watched the webinar + live Q&A, click the “Unlock Webinar Content” button above, then click directly on the “Quiz” section below. Once you receive a score of 100% you can immediately download and print your certificate.
2. Not yet watched the webinar + live Q&A click on the “Watch Webinar Now” section. After completing the video click “Back to Webinar” below the video. At that time you will be able to click on the “Quiz” section. Once you receive a score of 100% you can download and print your certificate.
Peripheral nerve repair and regeneration still faces challenges with functional recovery, even after surgical nerve repair with modern allograft scaffolds/conduits and microsuturing techniques. Technology must continue to advance in order to more effectively and efficiently regain original function and structure. This presentation will show ongoing work to improve peripheral nerve regeneration in four topic areas of current exploration in animal models; these include growth factors, neural tissue engineering using stem cells, gene editing, electrical stimulation and immunosuppression.
- Understand the current advances in trigeminal peripheral nerve repair and the current outcomes achieved.
- Understand the challenges that inhibit or prevent complete sensorimotor recovery of peripheral nerves despite modern advances in surgical technique.
- Describe four technologies that positively affect the effectiveness and efficacy of peripheral nerve repair and regeneration.
- Discuss the pros and cons of each of the new advances in peripheral nerve regeneration for translation to human peripheral nerve repair.