Knowledge. Practical Skills. Collaboration. We know these are among the essential building blocks to move our industry and its practitioners forward.
At Osteo Science Foundation, we are expanding our research and impact by spearheading a wide variety of leading educational initiatives. Osteo Science Foundation is committed to delivering the highest standard of education for our industry, and has come to embody important new channels for collaboration, partnership, training, and professional development.
- Osteo Science Foundation has collaborated with the Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,and the North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons on educational symposia focused on regenerative medicine.
- Upcoming collaborative meetings will be hosted with the Texas and Southwest Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and the Connecticut Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Since launching its Clinical Observership Program in 2016, the Foundation has successfully connected 28 residents with some of the country’s top OMFS clinicians in private practice for a one-on-one, intensive training experience.
- In 2016, the Foundation hosted its first, independent educational symposium featuring Anthony G. Sclar, DMD, and Mark W. Ochs, DMD, MD, focusing on practical clinical applications of regenerative medicine.
- The Foundation has maintained its commitment to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) by providing 110 resident travel awards.
- In 2018, the Foundation held an educational program at the AAOMS Dental Implant Conference for residents, “Hard and Soft Tissue Regeneration for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons: Current Methods and Future Directions,” with Mark W. Ochs, DMD, MD, and Sean Edwards, DDS, MD, FRCD(c), FACS.
- On February 15-16, 2019, the Foundation will host its second independent education symposium, “To Graft or Not to Graft.” Held in Nashville, TN, speakers will address topics related to grafting, including growth factors, implant placement, ablative defects, grafting in the esthetic zone, and treatments of edentulous patients.